If you want to enjoy your approximately three months stay in Sydney by discovering all angles of the city and its surroundings, then the Opal Card is your “Must Have”.
Here is how it works:
- First, you have to buy your Opal Card in a shop (very cheap, $0.50, or even for free sometimes depending if the seller is nice or not!). Most of the time, you will find it in a convenience store (7 eleven for example, you’ll find this store at every corner of the city) or in tobacco’s.
- Then, you just have to put money on it by cash or credit card to begin travelling.
- You can enjoy travel all day for never more than $15 per day
- You’ll never pay more than $60 a week
- After 8 return trips, every other travels are free until the end the week